Mellonberry Photography is the collaboration between Brianna Mellon and Holly (berry) Fite – freelance photographers from Lancaster, PA. We are self-taught and extremely passionate about photography! After working on projects separately for a couple years, we became a team in August 2014 to draw from each others strengths and give you the best possible photos! We work together on all our shoots, but as you'll read below, we each have a specific focus for the two types of photography we specialize in.
Holly is lead photographer and point of contact for our newborn sessions.
I work with our parents to plan the perfect session that is unique to each baby. I love getting creative and incorporating special/sentimental props into the shoots. Above all, I love taking care of and creating special memories of these precious miracles who will never be so tiny ever again. Our clients are amazed, when they return just two weeks after their session, to see how much their babies have already grown! This is why newborn photography is so important and special!
Bri is lead photographer and point of contact for our wedding photography.
I work with our brides and grooms to ensure that every detail of the wedding day is documented in a natural and classic way. I create a custom photography timeline for each event to help keep the day running smoothly. We'll make sure to get all of those "traditional" shots but then we also love to put our creative pants on! And don't worry, I will completely take care of you when it comes to posing! However, some of my favorite photos end up being the candid ones. I pour my heart into capturing these beautiful, once in a lifetime moments so that you can relive your special day.
A little about Holly...
- I am originally from Lansdale, a suburb of Philadelphia – which is why we’re always up for weddings/sessions in the Bux/Mont area!
- I live in Strasburg with my husband, fur baby and two beautiful miracle babies. My husband and I went through several years of infertility before we finally became parents. Because of this I am a huge advocate when it comes to infertility. I love sharing our story in the hopes that it helps someone else feel less alone.
- I’m a big band nerd, who has been involved in color guard and the marching arts for over 20 years. I spent 5 winters marching with the Independent World Class guard Black Watch. I also found my husband while marching in Millersville University’s marching band and we taught Lancaster Catholic’s band together for several years.
- The only color guard related thing I never did was march drum corps. I auditioned for the Cadets color guard in 2002 and received a spot, but in the end, I could not bear to give up a year at my favorite place on earth – Highland Park. Highland is a Christian campmeeting and youth camp that I have been extremely involved in literally since birth.
- I am obsessed with all things Christmas – especially Hallmark Christmas movies! Nothing makes me happier than starting to watch Christmas movies all day in October.
- I am NOT a morning person. I’m a night owl all the way and love a good nap during the day!
- My vices include: soda, chocolate, reality TV and social media.
A little about Bri...
- I grew up in Manheim, PA, however I was born in Ontario, Canada and have duel citizenship.
- I now live in Lancaster with my husband and children, Mercy, Marshall, and another baby girl on the way. We also have two dogs, named Lilly & Walter…(our last name is Mellon…Walter Mellon - get it??)
- My husband, Chris, teams up with us to do wedding videography. He is crazy talented, you should totally check out some of his work in our portfolio.
- I am a firm believer in Christ! My husband is the worship pastor at our church and one of my favorite part time jobs is helping out with our church's youth group.
- I play the violin and give lessons during the weekdays and also like to perform in local orchestras.
- My favorite season is FALL. I love pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- My vices include: coffee, slurpees, sour patch kids, penguins, scary movies, and most of all, MUSIC!
A little about Holly AND Bri…
- We met through our husbands who played together on the worship team at church!
- We were both nervous about going into business by ourselves, so we decided to team up! Best decision ever, we love working together and have created a beautiful partnership.
- We balance each other in many ways. For example, Holly is over 8 inches taller than Bri, it’s quite funny to compare the two images when we take the same shot, but it’s very cool to see the two different perspectives!
- Hopefully it’s quite obvious, but we both love weddings and babies, thus the two types of photography we’re focused on.
- We’re also both huge dog lovers! We don’t mind at all when clients ask to incorporate them in a shot or two (as long as they’re well behaved!).
- One of our traditions after shooting a long wedding day is stopping at Sheetz for a soda and some Wisconsin cheese bites :)