Mellonberry Photography is the collaboration between Brianna Mellon and Holly (berry) Fite – freelance photographers from Lancaster, PA. We are self-taught and extremely passionate about photography! After working on projects separately for a couple years, we became a team in August 2014 to draw from each others strengths and give you the best possible photos! We work together on all our shoots, but as you'll read below, we each have a specific focus for the two types of photography we specialize in.
Holly is lead photographer and point of contact for our newborn sessions. I work with our parents to plan the perfect session that is unique to each baby. I love getting creative and incorporating special/sentimental props into the shoots. Above all, I love taking care of and creating special memories of these precious miracles who will never be so tiny ever again.
A little about me…
- I am originally from Lansdale, a suburb of Philadelphia – which is why we’re always up for weddings/sessions in the Bux/Mont area!
- I live in Strasburg with my husband, fur baby and two beautiful miracle babies. My husband and I went through several years of infertility before we finally became parents. Because of this I am a huge advocate when it comes to infertility. I love sharing our story in the hopes that it helps someone else feel less alone.
- I’m a big band nerd, who has been involved in color guard and the marching arts for over 20 years. I spent 5 winters marching with the Independent World Class guard Black Watch. I also found my husband while marching in Millersville University’s marching band and we taught Lancaster Catholic’s band together for several years.
- The only color guard related thing I never did was march drum corps. I auditioned for the Cadets color guard in 2002 and received a spot, but in the end, I could not bear to give up a year at my favorite place on earth – Highland Park. Highland is a Christian campmeeting and youth camp that I have been extremely involved in literally since birth.
- I am obsessed with all things Christmas – especially Hallmark Christmas movies! Nothing makes me happier than starting to watch Christmas movies all day in October.
- My vices include: soda, chocolate, reality TV and social media.
- I am NOT a morning person. I’m a night owl all the way and love a good nap during the day!
Bri is lead photographer and point of contact for our wedding photography. I work with our brides and grooms to ensure that every detail of the wedding day is documented. I create a custom photography timeline for each event and help to keep the day running smoothly and on time. I pour my heart and soul into capturing these beautiful, once in a lifetime moments.
A little about Holly AND Bri…
- We met through our husbands who played together on the worship team at church!
- We were both nervous about going into business by ourselves, so we decided to team up! Best decision ever, we love working together and have created a beautiful partnership.
- We balance each other in many ways. For example, Holly is over 8 inches taller than Bri, it’s quite funny to compare the two images when we take the same shot, but it’s very cool to see the two different perspectives!
- Hopefully it’s quite obvious, but we both love weddings and babies, thus the two types of photography we’re focused on.
- We’re also both huge dog lovers! We don’t mind at all when clients ask to incorporate them in a shot or two (as long as they’re well behaved!).